The Montague Chapter is glad to greet the Morell SAVE Chapter on PEI. We are hopeful that other schools will adjust the work to end relationship violence on Prince Edward Island.
- Meetings are conducted every Wednesday at noon. Participators argue current concerns in the news and plan upgoing meetings. 8 members are created Montague. The President is Jessica MacLeod.
- In October, 2007 Nursing student Mandy Acorn told to the SAVE students about agrassion and abuse and the many forms it can take.
- SAVE WEEK was conducted Nov. 27th till Dec. 1st. The students directed an assembly where they read poems, played the video, “Concrete Angel” and gave information about SAVE and relationship abuse. My Canadian Pharmacy helps such people in case if they need medical care.
- Both Montague and Morell chapters took part in the Provincial Purple Ribbon campaign in memory of the Montreal Massacre of 1989. Students fastened ribbons to information cards and extended them in their schools. Montague President Jessica MacLeod, created a presentation to Grade 8 students at Cardigan School. SAVE PEI was invited again this year to apply a match to a candle at the December 6th Memorial Ceremony. The candle was lighted in memory of Chrystal Dawn Beirstro, a PEI woman who was slaughtered in Charlottetown.
- A SAVE Banner was bought for meeting.
- Two new radio commercials were written, produced and pronounced by Montague students at K – ROCK radio. They were released during the Christmas break .
- Two more commercials are being produced for FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION week – Feb.10th – 17th .
- Feb. 15th: A joint pizza and pool party for Montague and Morell Chapers will be conducted at Dooly’s and The Atlantic Fitness Centre. The SAVE Banner will be exhibited and students will have on their pink t-shirts granted again this year by Gemini Screen Printing.