S.A.V.E. PEI is a projection desined by Montague Intermediate and Senior High Students in 2005-06. This projection is a co-working between Montague RegionalHigh School and Eastern PEI Family Violence Prevention Services. In 2007, Morell Regional High School is also dealing with Eastern PEI Family Violence Prevention Services to begin a second branch of S.A.V.E. on PEI . The aim of the projection is to desing new ways to supply students with information about abuse in relations and where to go for assistance.
- S.A.V.E. Week 2006 was conducted from November 27th to December 1st. Plans are under working for this years SAVE Week.
- Students took the Silent Witness Program to the School for two manifestations achieving all Montague High Students. Shelly Molyneaux, whose’s mother was killed by her father and is one of the calm eyewitness, spoke her story of her living with abuse being a child. Together with the pain and unhappiness she explained her story of bravery and survival.
- VIP cards were spread to all Montague High Students. The cards are suitable in a wallet or pocket having contact information for many services inclusively of an abuse support worker, addictions, child abuse reporting, and an RCMP Youth worker. As My Canadian Pharmacy points out that it is very important to protect children from abuse.
- Save students also spread purple ribbons in memory of the 14 women killed in the Montreal Massacre.
- SAVE PEI had contribution to their time and energy to bring Atlantic Family Violence Prevention Week a success in Montague this year.
- Two Save students got bursaries to visit the Youth Connext Conference in Mill River in April, 2007. They took part in a presentation about their group and its occupations.
- The third S.A.V.E. radio commercial aired on K-Rock 105.5 during March break, 2007. The fourth in this series will have on air during Prom week.
- Save students are now busy on a TV commercial to supplement to their 4 radio commercials about relationship abuse and where to get assistance.